We’re pleased to present you with an issue focusing on The Power of Biology!
Plants and animals, obviously, provide us with the food we eat. But have you ever paused to consider all the other ways that living things help us every day? We all know that trees convert carbon dioxide to oxygen; some crops fix much-needed nitrogen in the soil; houseplants freshen the air in our homes; birds, bats and possums, among many other animals, control some of the peskier insect populations; earthworms aerate and enrich the soil and our compost heaps. Biological processes are the foundation of our lives, and the list of interactions and positive impact is endless.
In this issue you’ll find all sorts of exciting articles and ideas about the biological processes that you may never have stopped to consider.
→ Available as digital edition
*Hardcopy is sold out!
Table of Contents
- Special Delivery: Testing a Natural Disease Blocker Delivered by Bees
- Organic Gardens: Planting Memories for A Future Yet To Be
- Fermentation: Biology’s Gift to Beer Drinkers
- Research Corner: Know Thy Natural Enemy
- Getting Something From Nothing: The Unsung Value of Field Margins
- The Onion Comes of Age: Pizza Topper, Salad Zinger and Cancer Fighter
- Digging into the Idea of “Support” in Community Supported Agriculture
- All About Biology: Soil, Compost and Carbon Sequestration